Saturday, June 21, 2008
An update WHILE I work on a project, shocking, I know.
I went to the lab today and set-up most of the circuitry, which was surprisingly easy as I realized that I'm relying on some very simple equipment. Here's what it looks like right now:
The hard part is turning out to be the code, as it is doing some very strange things. I have an if statement that checks to see if the light readings are between certain values, and initiate a jitter routine should the values qualify. I have a stopper on it because I only want it to jitter once for each set of checks, but it doesn't work anymore and I can't figure out why. Also, my routine for killing the ashtray isn't performing as I'd like it. My biggest issue is getting the DC motor to keep spinning instead of just pulsing....
For now I'm going to leave it as is and get back to it tomorrow or Monday, depending on how my other work lines up.